Friday, February 5, 2010

On the Road to the Olympics

Today I am leaving for a three-week (plus a couple of days) trip to the Vancouver Olympics to serve as a chaplain at the Whistler Village. My flights today go from Saranac Lake to Boston to Dallas to Vancouver. May this day of travel be a blessed day indeed, and may I have many opportunities to make God famous. Here are some of my prayer requests related to ministry to the Olympics:

* Safety for everyone (athletes, spectators, coaches, officials, volunteers, mission teams, everyone)

* For Christians to display the love of Christ in everything we do and everything we say

* For the good news of Jesus to be shared with people from all over the world

* For people to be receptive to the gospel

* For local churches in Vancouver and Whistler to be blessed and to be a blessing to athletes and others (starting now, and for years to come!)

* For God to keep watch over my family while I am away

* For God to bless our church family while I am away

Here are some stories in various media about my oppportunity to serve as a chaplain at the Olympics.

"Local Pastors to Help Out at the Olympics" -- http://bit.ly/7OsPyR
"Derek Spain ministers to Winter Sports Athletes" -- http://bit.ly/97M9qW
"Life in the Fast Lane" -- see video in yesterday's blog

I will keep you updated via Facebook and Twitter on how I see God at work each day, and how you can pray. Thanks for praying!

No comments: