Sunday, February 14, 2010

Aaron's Blessing

Two times today the same Scripture was given to me. Once was when I was reading the Bible early this morning out on the deck that overlooks the athletes transport area, where we pray for the athletes as they leave each morning to go to their training and competitions. The other time was when one of our chaplains shared it with our group during morning Bible study. It was Numbers 6:24-26.

Aaron's blessing to the Israelites is what I am praying for everyone involved in the Winter Olympics. I am also praying this for my family. And I am praying this for our church family.

Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV)

24 "The Lord bless you
and keep you;

25 the Lord make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;

26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace."'

Re-read the prayer a couple of times, or more. Focus on each word. Pray it. Claim it as a promise for your life. Let God bless you so that you can be a blessing to others.

No comments: